Lots of historic sites to discover:
abbeys, caves and castles
During your stay in Dordogne, discover the culture of Perigord,
its farming, its craft, its way of life…
Tourism close to Brantôme
During your stay in Hostellerie du Périgord Vert in Brantôme, you can visit:
– The abbey of Brantôme,
– Fernand Desmoulins museum,
– Bourdeilles and its castle (feudal fortress XIIIth-XIVth century),
– Saint-Jean de Côle, one of the most beautiful villages in France,
– Puyguilhem castle ,
– Villars : www.grotte-villars.com,
– Tourtoirac cave,
– Ruins of the abbey of Boschaud,
– Mareuil castle,
– Museum of truffles in Sorges,
– Peat bog in Vendoire,
– The valley of Dronne and its watermills
– The underground church of Aubeterre,
– Périgueux and its cathedral and the Vesunna museum,
– Nontron and its knifes factories,
– And of course, you could visit the south of the Dordogne to see Sarlat, Les Eyzies, Dommes, Belves and more and more beautiful places.
If you want, during your stay you can try different activities:
– Why won’t you get on board with Les Croisières de Brantôme brantomecroisere.com) andscover our island city on board an electric boat named the “Drona”, able to carry 49 passengers. On our 50 minutes narrated cruise you will discover 16th century, medieval and Renaissance houses, the Benedictine Abbey, the 11th century Campanile bell tower, the cave dwellings, the Monk’s Park with its 16th century altars, the Ford millers, the mill convent and natural islands.
– Or also go on discovery the Dronne River in a canoe or Stand Up Paddle : make your booking with Richard from Brantôme Canoë (brantomecanoe.com),
– You can also cross the abundant mountain bike ways recommanded by Vélo en France et la Fédération Française de Cyclotourisme, rent a bike at CD Bike
– Have you ever think to fly over our pretty city by microlight?
You’re not convinced yet? Watch this little film that presents our beautiful Perigord Vert and nothing will keep you from booking your stay!